Another mini rice cooker product from IDEAHOM. After more than a year from my last purchase of the 1.0L mini rice cooker, now I’m upgrading to 1.5L for more capacity for 1-4 person depending on what you want to cook and the volume of the ingredients.
This model comes with the cooker, non-stick coating inner pot, stainless steel steam box, spatula, measuring cup, porridge micro-pressure device, and power cable.
Similar to the older model, its power socket is covered by a silica gel cover. It would reduce any water to enter the power socket.
There are many types of mini cooker in the market and I like this type that works like a normal-sized rice cooker and does not require you to keep adding water to steam/cook. This model also comes with micro-computer that could switch to 4 different modes : cook (c), congee/porridge (p), slow cook (b), and keep warm (H).
The timer has been pre-set for you being cook rice at 30 minutes, porridge at 60 minutes, slow cook for 90 minutes and keep warm for up to 12 hours. The maximum time for the cooker to be kept warm is 12 hours after which it power offs automatically. The green and red indicator on the left and right would serves to inform you whether it’s cooking (red) or done cooking (green). Every time you change the mode, you will need to press on/off to restart the mode.
The non-stick inner pot is a high temperature spraying aluminium alloy Japan Daikin coating, and the cooker has 3D honeycomb heater plate which heats up fast and evenly. So becareful if it’s not covered.
Additionally, this model comes with a porridge micro-pressure device which helps to store the vaporized steam water instead of dropping all over the table which I find it untidy on the older model. To keep it tidy, I lay a piece of cloth under the cooker to absorb any excessive dripping or water splatter if you overfilled the cooker.
It also comes with a user manual for some simple references like volume of rice and water for rice or porridge.
Details of the product
Rated voltage : 220V – 240V
Rated Frequency : 50Hz – 60Hz
Power : 300W
Rated capacity : 1.5L
Net weight per box : 1.4kg
Product size : 178 x 166 x 216mm
Price : RM148
For more information, you may visit Ideahom Centre at their website or here’s the product page.
NEW – JUST IN!! Introducing my little gift from my hubby!
As expected from iPhone’s packing, it comes with the dock, a manual in many languages and a 1 year limited warranty.
From the front, it’s just a simple white dock base with lightning pin. A slimmer version as compared to the old dock where it deeps in for specific-sized iPhones. With this new dock, it can fit for any size iPhone, even iPad mini! Continue to scroll down.
You are to connect your cable to the back of the dock base and the headset out port for quiet listening. It becomes very useful when the headset out port on your phone is being covered by the dock base when your phone is docked on.
A good news to me is that it is also compatible with some non-original lightning cable as I have a cable almost everywhere. You can also attach the cable to your computer instead of the power adapter to charge or sync it.
The dock base is small and has a little weight for iPhone or iPad mini to stand firmly. Love it!
Nowadays many of us do not utilise the CD slots in our cars, instead we play music from our phone or USB drive. At the same time, we will wonder how we could mount our phone around the dashboard.
I find this mobile mount from Mountek very useful to resolve your headache of finding a right place for your phone, at the meantime making use of your CD slots.
You can purchase this item from forum.lowyat.net, lelong.my or from it’s website at www.mountekmalaysia.com at RM85 (online promo). The box come with the hands free mount, 2 device rest replacements and a brief guide. It’s easy to mount and use. What I love most is it’s mounted in front of my air-cond which can cool down my phone when I operate the GPS.
First time getting myself busy with a Cyclone Magnum from Gokey. Let’s see what’s in place for me and how it turns out.
If you frequently fix models or have the interest to do it, I think investing in a cutter similar to this would be nice to have giving a nice clean cut of the pieces from the attachment. However, you will also need to becareful as it’s very sharp and may accidentally cut too much of the actual piece that you want.
I was too excited to start immediately without taking a photo of the items that comes in the box. Most of the things you need, should be inside to enable me to get me this far to have a car base with tires.
There is instructions on the inner side of the box cover. You will also need small philip screwdriver and 2 AA batteries.
I found that there are some things in the instruction that are not in the box such as the attachment to the back of the car base (instruction 7); and O-ring with small wheel (instruction 8).
What is left from the box which I’m not sure where to fix it are 2 round pieces and a small steel bar.
One thing that had scratching my head is this piece. It’s a metal pieces to connect with the batteries. The instruction does not guide how it should be fixed. So if anyone have any idea. Please let me know. Thank you. Anyway, it’s a nice display, though. ^^
I got this problem with my Jawbone UP24 but I could not go to any retailer as it was a gift purchased in US while I’m currently located in Singapore. So, this is what I did and you can do as well.
I contacted Jawbone support via email at email@example.com.
Here are some quick troubleshooting steps that were suggested to test to know if they can fix your problem.
Troubleshoot steps 1 – Reinstall
1. Make sure that your device is connected to a network.
2. Restart your iOS device (just power it off, and then back on).
3. Quit out of all open apps, including UP.
If you’re using iOS 7:
– Double click the Home button to bring up your app cards, then swipe up on each app to force quit.
If you’re using a previous version of iOS:
-Double click your Home button to bring open the tray of all running apps.
-Press and hold on each app icon until red minus signs appear.
-Tap each red minus button to close each app.
4. Turn Bluetooth on your device off and back on.
5. Reopen the UP app. Syncing should start automatically. If it does not, press the mode button on your band to initiate a manual sync.
6. If you’re still having trouble syncing, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the UP app. (This won’t erase any data!) To uninstall, tap and hold on any app icon until the apps start wiggling. Then, tap the X button that appears on your UP app. To reinstall, head back to the app store, search for UP by Jawbone, and download.
After you’ve reinstalled UP on your device, you’ll sign in using the email associated with your UP account. Once you’re on the home screen of the app, click Add a new band to pair with your UP24.
7. You can also try to sync your band on a friend’s device – just make sure you log in using your own UP account first! This will help us better isolate the issue, and confirm if the band can no longer sync, or if there’s a factor on the secondary device contributing to the difficulties.
8. It’s also important to make sure your band is up to date with the latest firmware, as firmware updates will often resolve a variety of issues. Please check for any available updates at www.jawbone.com/up/updater and, if applicable, follow the steps to update.
9. PLEASE NOTE: once the update completes, allow the band to charge fully until the Sun status light glows solidly, and then sync the band to your phone before removing UP24 from the charger.
If all else fails, continue to the next troubleshoot step…
Troubleshoot step 2 – Soft reset
1. Start with the UP connected to the charger, but DON’T connect the charger to a power source.
2. PRESS + HOLD the button on your UP as you plug the charger into the USB port on a well-powered computer.
3. Release the button on your UP. You will see the Sun and Moon status lights cycle back and forth, and then the Sun will begin to slowly pulse, indicating that the band is charging normally.
4. Allow the band to charge for approximately 80 minutes, until the Sun status light changes to a solid light.
5. Remove the UP from the charger – you’ll see both lights flash once off the charger.
6. Launch the UP app. Allow it to fully open, then plug in your band. The sync will start automatically. (If you’re using an iOS device or UP on an Android device, swipe to the right menu screen and touch Sync Now; if you’re using an Android device with UP24, press the mode button on your band to initial a manual sync.)
7. When pairing your band, make sure you are at least 33 feet away from any other Bluetooth device, otherwise your band will try to pair to it. Once the app finds the band then just tap the button very gently to pair.
8. If the band still does not pair then try deleting the app, power cycling the phone and re-installing the app.
9. Force close the UP app ( press the home button on your iPhone twice, a list of running apps will appear, please swipe all the apps upward towards the top of the screen to close them.
10. Power cycle your iPhone ( Press and hold the power button and the home button on the phone, keep holding them till the phone powers off, ignore the swipe to power off prompt.
11. Turn the phone back on, and re-install the UP app.
12. Sign In to the UP app.
13. Once you’re on the home screen of the app, click Add a new band to pair your UP24.
14. On the next screen, you will see Wake Up the Band. Press the button. Then click on Next.
15. On the next screen, you will see “Looking for Band”. Then, once your band is detected, you should see “Found it”.
16. As soon as you see “Press to Pair”, VERY GENTLY tap the button.
If this fails as well, the support staff will look into a warranty exchange for you to be done at your local retailers. However, I went to one of the retailer and was advised to go to the main distributor.
For the one in Singapore, head over to their service centre at the address below.
You do not need to make any appointment before heading down but you may want to check with them if they have the size and colour that you want. Initially, I was told that they only had black but subsequently got me the same colour as my original orange unit. My unit was certified dead. So, I got my warranty exchange within half hour.
Digital Hub Pte Ltd
150, Ubi Avenue 4, Level 4