I got this problem with my Jawbone UP24 but I could not go to any retailer as it was a gift purchased in US while I’m currently located in Singapore. So, this is what I did and you can do as well.
I contacted Jawbone support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some quick troubleshooting steps that were suggested to test to know if they can fix your problem.
Troubleshoot steps 1 – Reinstall
1. Make sure that your device is connected to a network.
2. Restart your iOS device (just power it off, and then back on).
3. Quit out of all open apps, including UP.
If you’re using iOS 7:
– Double click the Home button to bring up your app cards, then swipe up on each app to force quit.
If you’re using a previous version of iOS:
-Double click your Home button to bring open the tray of all running apps.
-Press and hold on each app icon until red minus signs appear.
-Tap each red minus button to close each app.
4. Turn Bluetooth on your device off and back on.
5. Reopen the UP app. Syncing should start automatically. If it does not, press the mode button on your band to initiate a manual sync.
6. If you’re still having trouble syncing, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the UP app. (This won’t erase any data!) To uninstall, tap and hold on any app icon until the apps start wiggling. Then, tap the X button that appears on your UP app. To reinstall, head back to the app store, search for UP by Jawbone, and download.
After you’ve reinstalled UP on your device, you’ll sign in using the email associated with your UP account. Once you’re on the home screen of the app, click Add a new band to pair with your UP24.
7. You can also try to sync your band on a friend’s device – just make sure you log in using your own UP account first! This will help us better isolate the issue, and confirm if the band can no longer sync, or if there’s a factor on the secondary device contributing to the difficulties.
8. It’s also important to make sure your band is up to date with the latest firmware, as firmware updates will often resolve a variety of issues. Please check for any available updates at www.jawbone.com/up/updater and, if applicable, follow the steps to update.
9. PLEASE NOTE: once the update completes, allow the band to charge fully until the Sun status light glows solidly, and then sync the band to your phone before removing UP24 from the charger.
If all else fails, continue to the next troubleshoot step…
Troubleshoot step 2 – Soft reset
1. Start with the UP connected to the charger, but DON’T connect the charger to a power source.
2. PRESS + HOLD the button on your UP as you plug the charger into the USB port on a well-powered computer.
3. Release the button on your UP. You will see the Sun and Moon status lights cycle back and forth, and then the Sun will begin to slowly pulse, indicating that the band is charging normally.
4. Allow the band to charge for approximately 80 minutes, until the Sun status light changes to a solid light.
5. Remove the UP from the charger – you’ll see both lights flash once off the charger.
6. Launch the UP app. Allow it to fully open, then plug in your band. The sync will start automatically. (If you’re using an iOS device or UP on an Android device, swipe to the right menu screen and touch Sync Now; if you’re using an Android device with UP24, press the mode button on your band to initial a manual sync.)
For more information about the soft reset, watch the video tutorial below or please see this link: https://jawbone.com/kb/articles/425.html
7. When pairing your band, make sure you are at least 33 feet away from any other Bluetooth device, otherwise your band will try to pair to it. Once the app finds the band then just tap the button very gently to pair.
8. If the band still does not pair then try deleting the app, power cycling the phone and re-installing the app.
9. Force close the UP app ( press the home button on your iPhone twice, a list of running apps will appear, please swipe all the apps upward towards the top of the screen to close them.
10. Power cycle your iPhone ( Press and hold the power button and the home button on the phone, keep holding them till the phone powers off, ignore the swipe to power off prompt.
11. Turn the phone back on, and re-install the UP app.
12. Sign In to the UP app.
13. Once you’re on the home screen of the app, click Add a new band to pair your UP24.
14. On the next screen, you will see Wake Up the Band. Press the button. Then click on Next.
15. On the next screen, you will see “Looking for Band”. Then, once your band is detected, you should see “Found it”.
16. As soon as you see “Press to Pair”, VERY GENTLY tap the button.
If this fails as well, the support staff will look into a warranty exchange for you to be done at your local retailers. However, I went to one of the retailer and was advised to go to the main distributor.
For the one in Singapore, head over to their service centre at the address below.
You do not need to make any appointment before heading down but you may want to check with them if they have the size and colour that you want. Initially, I was told that they only had black but subsequently got me the same colour as my original orange unit. My unit was certified dead. So, I got my warranty exchange within half hour.
Digital Hub Pte Ltd
150, Ubi Avenue 4, Level 4
Tel: +65 6512 9206 / 6307 9710
9am – 5 pm Monday – Friday (Lunch: 12pm-2pm)
9am – 12pm Saturday